Add some jazz & pizzazz to your project with a color touchscreen LCD. This TFT display is 2.4" diagonal with a bright (4 white-LED) backlight and it's colorful! 240x320 pixels with individual RGB pixel control, this has way more resolution than a black and white 128x64 display.
As a bonus, this display has a resistive touchscreen attached to it already, so you can detect finger presses anywhere on the screen.
This display has a controller built into it with RAM buffering, so that almost no work is done by the microcontroller. The display can be used in two modes: 8-bit or SPI. For 8-bit mode, you'll need 8 digital data lines and 4 or 5 digital control lines to read and write to the display (12 lines total). SPI mode requires only 5 pins total (SPI data in, data out, clock, select, and d/c) but is slower than 8-bit mode.
In addition, 4 pins are required for the touch screen (2 digital, 2 analog) or you can purchase and use Adafruit's resistive touchscreen controller (not included) to use I2C or SPI.
Of course, Adafruit wouldn't just leave you with a datasheet and a "good luck!". For 8-bit interface fans Adafruit have written a full open source graphics library that can draw pixels, lines, rectangles, circles, text, and more. For SPI users, Adafruit have a library as well, its separate from the 8-bit library since both versions are heavily optimized. For resistive touch, we also have a touch screen library that detects x, y and z (pressure) and example code to demonstrate all of it. Check out Adafruit's tutorial for wiring diagrams, schematics, and a walkthough on this display.
- Screen Dimensions: 43mm x 60mm x 4mm / 1.7" x 2.4" x 0.16"
- PCB Dimensions: 53mm x 60mm x 4mm / 2.1" x 2.4" x 0.16"
- Weight: 30.5g
- Datasheets, EagleCAD PCB files, and Fritzing object available in the product tutorial
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.