The same team that built Roving Networks is now at ACKme, where they're designing the future of WiFi connectivity. Their first release is the ACKme WiConnect, a super-smart WiFi module that has a lot of built-in capability such as SSL, AP mode, auto-connection, etc.The AMW004-E03 ‘Mackerel’ evaluation board provides a quick and easy way to evaluate and develop using WiConnect with the surface mount AMW004 Wallaby module. Using the Wallaby module is a breeze with Mackerel, simply plug the board into a computer using a standard USB cable, connect with a PC terminal application and start typing. Since the module uses TTL serial, this is a good way to evaluate the WiConnect - the board basically has an FTDI USB/serial converter on it.
The WiConnect application running on the Wallaby module provides easy-to-use ASCII commands to read the state of the buttons and turn the LEDs on and off. For a more compelling demo, connect the board to your Wi-Fi access point, signup at gohack.me and control the board from across the room, or from the other side of the planet! Check out the WiConnect online guide for tutorials and more
- USB-UART interface for a direct serial connection to the AMW004 Wi-Fi module
- Separate LEDs indicate data on UART transmit/receive
- Sensor interface including two buttons and two LEDs
- Manual reset switch
- Breakout headers and ground hooks for easy prototyping
- Powered by USB interface
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for all ACKMe products, click here!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.