A ZIF (Zero Insertion Force Socket) allows you to insert and remove chips easily from an existing circuits. These are often used for chip programmers or when you need to test a chip without damaging it. Move the lever up and chips drop right in. Move the lever down to 'latch' the chip in place.
This socket is designed for DIP chips of up to 28 pins and 0.3" wide. What's nice about it is it can snap into an existing circuit board or socket that is designed for the chip so you may not have to redesign the board! For example, Adafruit snapped it into an Arduino socket, which would allow you to change chips out (if you wanted to put a shield on top, you'll need to fit a set of stacking headers on)
Fits up to 28-pin DIP chips, in 0.3" width
Overall body size: 0.6" x 2" x 0.43" (15mm x 50mm x 11mm) - not including lever or pins
Pins are 0.3" apart (fit into a 0.3" socket) and 3.6mm (0.15") long
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.