Pimoroni loved the little SN3218A chip they used to make PiGlow so much that they've decided to turn it into a handy little breakout module.
This is a super low-cost way to drive 18 LEDs at constant current up to 34mA per channel. Simply hook up the cathode of your LEDs to the channel and provide a common 5V supply for the anodes and away you go!
- 2.75 - 5.5V supply and logic voltage
- Up to 34mA per channel constant current sinking (adjustable)
- Bread-board compatible format
- I2C interface (address 0x54)
- Supplied with 0.1" headers to solder yourself
The I2C interface is very simple to use and works with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and most other platforms - the device address is 0x54. With the Raspberry Pi you can use the 3V3 supply to power the chip (via the VCC pin on the breakout board) and the 5V supply to power the LEDs.
Pimoroni have an Arduino library available here
Need some LEDs? Check out our range of LED's to suit your project
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- PWM Expanders for Particle
Welcome, have you had a good day? Fantastic, unless of course, you haven’t had a good day so far, in which case don’t worry, it’s about to get better! Today we’re going to be learning about adding PWM channels to our microcont...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.