Adafruit has teamed up with Adafruit's friends over at MakerBot to offer the MakerBot Adafruit Edition. The talented members of the Adafruit community are exploring 3D printed solutions for their inventions, electronics enclosures, mounting hardware, and artwork, so they have bundled a MakerBot Replicator 2™ desktop 3D printer with three of Adafruit's more popular DIY electronics projects. After you've built your kits use your new MakerBot to print out the kit enclosures!
This MakerBot includes a special limited edition MakerBot + Adafruit build plate and a 3d printing for electronics pack! Please note, MakerBot Adafruit edition includes a Raspberry Pi, the "free Pi" with purchase over $350 does not apply to this product.
The Replicator 2™ is MakerBot’s fourth generation machine, and represents a tremendous leap forward in ease of use, resolution, and build volume over previous models. With a resolution capability of 100 microns and a massive 410 cubic inch build volume, MakerBot proposes that its Replicator™ 2 Desktop 3D Printer is the “easiest, fastest, and most affordable tool for making professional quality models. Adafruit set a new standard with Adafruit's work, so that you can set a new standard with yours.” Includes a 1 lb spool of Natural PLA filament.
The included Adafruit 3D printing for electronics pack contains:
MintyBoost Kit - V3.0: The world's first and only open-source hardware charger: The MintyBoost®! Make your own iPod/iPhone/GPS/etc... battery-pack and recharger! - print your own Rolling MintyBoost Enclosure V2.
Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB RAM - The Raspberry Pi® is a single-board computer developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation with the intention of stimulating the teaching of basic computer science in schools. The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. The design is based around a Broadcom BCM2835 SoC, which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor, VideoCore IV GPU, and 128 or 256 Megabytes of RAM. The design does not include a built-in hard disk or solid-state drive, instead relying on an SD card for booting and long-term storage. This board is intended to run Linux kernel based operating systems. Print your own - Pi Command Center!.
TIMESQUARE DIY Watch Kit - Red Display Matrix: Show up stylish AND on time to any event with this awesome looking DIY watch. Adafruit have a few watch kits here at Adafruit but we finally have one that looks good and fits well, even for ladies and kids and others with smaller wrists and hands. Its got a 8x8 bit matrix display and a repurposed silicone watch band for a professional look. Print your own Timesquare Watch Body: Circling the Square! - tutorial at the Adafruit learning system.
- Without Spool: 19.1 x 12.8 x 14.7 in [49 x 32 x 38 cm]
- With Spool: 19.1 x 16.5 x 14.7 in [49 x 42 x 38 cm]
- Shipping Box: 23 x 21.5 x 17 in [59 x 55 x 43 cm]
- Weight: 25.4 lbs [11.5 kg]
- Shipping Weight: 37.0 lbs [16.8 kg]
- Ambient Operation Temperature: 15°—32° C [60°—90° F]
- Storage Temperature: 0°—32° C [32°—90° F]
- AC Input: 100—240V, ~2 amps,50—60 Hz
- Power Requirements: 24V DC @ 6.25 amps
- Connectivity: USB, SDcard [included]
- Chassis: Powder coated steel
- Body: PVC Panels
- Build Platform: Acrylic
- XYZ Bearings: Wear-resistant, oil-infused bronze
- Stepper Motors: 1.8° step angle with 1/16 micro-stepping
- Print Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication
- Build Volume: 11.2 L x 6.0 W x 6.1 H in [28.5 x 15.3 x 15.5 cm]
- Layer Resolution Settings:
- High 100 microns [0.0039 in]
- Medium 270 microns [0.0106 in]
- Low 340 microns [0.0133 in]
- Positioning Precision: XY: 11 microns [0.0004 in]
- Z: 2.5 microns [0.0001 in]
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm [0.069 in]
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm [0.015 in]
- Software Bundle: MakerWare™ Bundle 1.0.2
- File Types: .stl, .obj, .thing
- Supported OSs:
- Windows (XP/7)
- Ubuntu Linux (10.04+)
- Mac OS X (10.6+)
Documentation and Resources:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.