Note: This product is a kit; assembly (including soldering) is required. Motors, batteries, and Arduino are sold separately. An assembled version is available that does not require any assembly or soldering and includes motors and a Zumo reflectance sensor array.
|Contents of the Zumo robot kit for Arduino, v1.2.|
Please see the specific pages for those products for more information about them, assembly instructions, and links to related resources. The only difference between this and the previous Zumo Robot kit version is the inclusion of a v1.2 Zumo shield in place of the previous shield version. The only changes to the shield are an upgrade of the integrated accelerometer/magnetometer IC and the addition of a 3-axis gyroscope.
|Zumo Robot for Arduino, v1.2.|
|Zumo chassis being assembled with two micro metal gearmotors.|
Required Accessories (not included)
- Two micro metal gearmotors. These gearmotors are available in several power options and a wide variety of gear ratios, allowing for a customizable combination of torque and speed. The Zumo Shield can deliver enough power for all of the micro metal gearmotors Pololu carry, including the high-power (HP) versions. Note that some gear ratios are better suited for the Zumo than others; please see the Zumo chassis kit product page for specific motor suggestions.
- Four AA batteries. The Zumo chassis works with both alkaline and NiMH batteries, though Pololu recommend rechargeable NiMH cells.
- An Arduino. The Zumo Shield works with both the Uno and the Leonardo. It is not compatible with the Arduino Mega or Due, but it can be used with older Arduinos that have the same form factor as the Uno, such as the Duemilanove. (Other Arduino-compatible controllers might work with the Zumo robot, but support for them will be limited and they might require modification; for example, one customer got his Zumo robot working with the Freescale FRDM-KL25Z board.)
|Zumo reflectance sensor array on a Zumo robot, bottom view.|
- Zumo reflectance sensor array. This sensor bar mounts along the front edge of the Zumo shield and allows the Zumo to detect features on the ground in front of it, such as lines for following or edges for avoiding (such as the rim of a sumo ring or the edge of a table). It is designed specifically for use with the Zumo shield.
- iMAX-B6AC battery charger for charging the Zumo’s battery’s through the Zumo Shield’s 2-pin charge port. Note that you only need a battery charger if you plan on powering the Zumo with rechargeable cells, and that charger should be capable of charging 4 NiMH cells in series. Alternatively, since the Zumo just uses ordinary AA batteries, you can use AA chargers (into which you stick the individual cells) available at most general electronics stores.
- Optical rangefinders for obstacle/opponent detection.
- Connectors (headers, jumper wires, etc) for adding more sensors.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.