You may recognize the WS2801from our addressable RGB LED strips. These 3-channel constant current LED drivers are great for controlling chains of RGB LEDs. The IC is controlled by a 2-wire serial control scheme that allows multiple ICs to be chained together.
Use a handful of these ICs in conjunction with some RGB LEDs to make color displays, or with regular LEDs for a monochrome display three times the size. Or just the WS2801 to free up PWM pins on your microntroller by controlling multiple LEDs with two pins.
- 2-wire control scheme reduces system cost
- Built-in PWM dimming scheme for each channel
- PWM free-run capability
- Power supply voltage 3.3-5.5v
- Supports both constant current and constant voltage drive modes
- Wide constant current range from 5-150mA
- Datasheet (WS2801)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.