You may recognize the WS2801from our addressable RGB LED strips. These 3-channel constant current LED drivers are great for controlling chains of RGB LEDs. The IC is controlled by a 2-wire serial control scheme that allows multiple ICs to be chained together.
Use a handful of these ICs in conjunction with some RGB LEDs to make color displays, or with regular LEDs for a monochrome display three times the size. Or just the WS2801 to free up PWM pins on your microntroller by controlling multiple LEDs with two pins.
- 2-wire control scheme reduces system cost
- Built-in PWM dimming scheme for each channel
- PWM free-run capability
- Power supply voltage 3.3-5.5v
- Supports both constant current and constant voltage drive modes
- Wide constant current range from 5-150mA
- Datasheet (WS2801)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade