This sensor detects 280-390nm light most effectively. This is categorized as part of the UVB (burning rays) spectrum and most of the UVA (tanning rays) spectrum. It outputs a analog voltage that is linearly related to the measured UV intensity (mW/cm2). If your microcontroller can do an analog to voltage conversion then you can detect the level of UV.
- Photodiode sensitive to UV-A and UV-B
- Embedded operational amplifier
- Analog voltage output
- Low supply current (300A typ.) and low standby current (0.1A typ.)
- Small and thin surface mount package (4.0mm x 3.7mm x 0.73mm, 12-pin ceramic QFN)
- Smart phone
- Weather station
- Bicycle navigation
- Supply Voltage: DC 5V
- Operating Temperature: -20~70°C
- Sensitivity Region：UV-A and UV-B
- Sensitivity Wave Length:280-390nm
- Module Size: 30 x 22mm
- UV Sensor v1.0-ML8511 x1
Documentation and Resources:
- Handheld UV Meter
UV is important to reptiles (and people) in processing vitamin D3 which is needed to absorb calcium. Without it reptiles often suffer from Metabolic Bone Disease (MBD) which leads to weak bones and can be fatal. Thankfully, pet shops have the answer, UV producing globes which can stave off the dreaded MBD. These are in the form of T8 florescent tubes or compact florescent globes and go for $50+ each. And, yeah, they need to be re...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.