Essentially an XRF that plugs in to your USB port!
The easiest and most convenient way to communicate with your XRF/URF/ERF/SRF & DRF modules via the USB port on your PC. The device just a single driver file and shows up as a standard COM port, so any serial/terminal emulation software can talk directly to your XRF/URF/ERF/SRF & DRF devices. This is the very same behaviour as using the FTDI adapter at zero cost (bonus) in a smaller size. The URF transparently passes characters to and from individual or multiple radio devices. You don't need to do CRC's or error checking it's all done for you, send text, receive text, that’s it, so simple.
- Point to point, point to multipoint, meshing via LLAP or custom addressing scheme
- Out the box it just works, no complex setups, what you send to one appears on all the other radio devices. The packetisation, data checking etc is all done for you. Simply plug and send serial 9600bps data (many other baud rates supported).
- Can specify a network identifier PANID to separate communications into separate networks if desired
- Based on the Texas Instruments CC1111 combined micro & RF transceiver. Runs as standard at 868.3Mhz. The chip antenna is good for 868-915Mhz, will also work at 315Mhz and 433Mhz the range will be shorter
- Over the air data rate of 250Kbps with a max of 500Kbps
- Can be programmed in it's own right. We suggest the free version of IAR's C compiler as there is TI sample code published on the web.
- Facilitates remote Arduino/Xino over-the-air programming
- Inbuilt chip antenna for neat robust finish, upto 500m range (LOS)
- With addition of header pins it can be wired jsut like an FTDI style interface for direct serial programming of Xino (has 5 pin layout too), Arduino, Nanode, OpenKontrol Gateway etc
- Supports 128bit AES encryption like all the other devices do.
- Supports Windows, Linux, Mac and Android with OTG support
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.