The Ultimaker Original+ is the new and improved version of the already impressive Ultimaker Original! This classic favorite comes as a refined DIY kit which offers excellent features that can rival any desktop 3D printers on the market right now.
The Ultimaker Original was rated as the most accurate and fastest 3D printer by Make Magazine. This upgraded version is built on the existing platform with the added advantages of:
- Heated glass print bed - better adhesion, effortless part removal, and smooth bottom surface!
- Improved Z-stage - stable print bed construction for improved accuracy
- New and improved electronics for reliable temperature control
- New fan duct design
- UltiController included - easily control and monitor your printer
Over the years, this printer design has been tried and tested by many makers and 3D printing enthusiasts around the world, creating wonderful projects that showcase its amazing capability. The open design enables you to modify and customize your printer easily with the source files available for download from YouMagine.
It is capable of producing very fine layer resolution (up to 20 microns) and uses open filament system which allows you to experiment with many new and innovative filaments available on the market.
Ultimaker's large international user community is always ready to share their ideas and knowledge, you can get useful resources and support from the community 24/7 and gain the best out of your Ultimaker Original+ 3D printer.
Whether you need a 3D printer for your workshop, home, or office, the Ultimaker Original+ DIY kit is right for you!
Tailored for limitless creativity
Reliable and accurate
- The Ultimaker Original+ offers industry-leading specifications like 20-micron layer resolution and a print head travel speed of up to 300 mm/s.
Easy to modify and expand
- With upgrade capabilities, our 3D printer kit allows you to experiment and keep your machine up-to-date as the technology develops.
Affordable and fun
- Assembling your own 3D printer is a fun and great learning experience for those who wish to continue pushing the limits of what is possible.
- Whatever the complexity, the Ultimaker Original+ faithfully recreates your vision. The print head is so light it can print at unmatched speeds whilst never losing any of the 20-micron resolutions. Its ingenious heated build plate not only prevents warping on your model but is also extremely stable and it even tackles bridging and overhangs without any fuss.
- Layer resolution: up to 20 micron
- Build volume: 210 x 210 x 205 mm *(refer to the note below on build volume)
- Position precision : X 12.5 / Y 12.5 / Z 5 micron
- Print head travel speed: 30 - 300 mm/s
- Recommended filament diameter: 2.85 mm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Stand-alone SD-card printing
- Print technology: Fused filament fabrication (FFF)
- Nozzle operating temperature: 180° - 260°C
- Heated bed operating temperature: 50° - 100°C
- Software: Open-Source Cura
- Dimensions: W 35.7 / L 34.2 / H 38.8 cm
Recommended materials: PLA and ABS
- Recommended diameter: 2.85 mm
- Ambient operating temperature: 15° - 32°C
- Storage temperature: 0° - 32°C
- AC input: 100 - 240 V / 4 AMPS / 50 - 60 HZ
- Power requirements: 24 V DC @ 9.2 AMPS
- Warranty: 12 Months* ( Please read Imaginables Terms and Conditions regarding Goods requiring Assembly)
*Note on build volume: The X and Y dimensions specified are representative of the maximum size you can print in the X and Y directions. It is not possible to print a cube of the specified build volume as you have to take into account clearances for the four retainer clips of the glass print bed. Other factors/ software settings including the use of skirt and brim will also reduce the overall build volume. Please kindly contact us if you have any questions regarding the build volume.
* PTFE Coupler and Print Head Nozzle are consumable parts that will wear over time and are not covered under warranty. The frequency of replacement required for the PTFE Coupler or the Print Head Nozzle depends on the amount of usage and the types of filament used. Please kindly contact us if you need more information.
Please refer to Imaginables Safety and Compliance page for more information about the product.
Download Magnalube Safety Data Sheet
What's in the box?
Along with your Ultimaker Original+, you also get these extras included:
- Every part to assemble an Ultimaker Original+
- UltiController with SD card
- Power supply and cable, glue stick, grease, hex wrenches and USB cables
- 750 g Ultimaker PLA
- Online assembly manual
- Ultimaker Cura, our award-winning print preparation software
- Lifetime expert support
- An active global community of makers
Make it YOURS
Educator Robin Platjouw created an innovative makerspace at his primary school which includes Ultimaker 3D printers.
This timelapse shows the Ultimaker Original+ print a model that helps explain to primary school students how the solar system works.
Project Seafood cleans up beaches in Spain and Morocco, 3D printing on the go with filament made out of the plastic trash they find.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to 3D Print Your Own Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ Case
So you've got your Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ and need a case to house it in. In this short guide we're going to step through the considerations you should take when designing your own case, as well as provide you with all the files you need to 3D print...
- Tune your First Layer - Z Offsets
Out of the box, a LulzBot 3D Printer comes tuned to perform exactly as you need it to. But over time we flash new firmwares, take our printers cross country, swap tool heads, perform cold pulls and a whole swathe of other things that could slowly tak...
- Support Material: Printing and Removal
By default, FFF/FDM 3D Printers require the 3D Models they print to grow up from the Print bed at an angle of 45 or more. This is by far the biggest limitation of all 3D Printers. To print models that don't follow that rule, and have parts hanging ou...
- Designing FDM 3D Printed Parts for Manufacture
Recently, we've talked a lot about Slicing software, settings, materials and the like. It's time to take a deeper dive into the actual design of model files. We've got a basics guide for Computer Aided Design available here. We're going to help expla...
- OctoPrint Integration with Cura 2.6+ Lulzbot Edition
OctoPrint Integration is one of my favourite new features in Cura 2.6+: LulzBot Edition. In short, this integration means that you can print and control your 3D Printer via it's OctoPrint server. All from within your slicer window on your PC. The cur...
- Concrete Lamp
Welcome to my project on how to make a very stylish lamp out of a potentially un-stylish material - concrete! To be honest, style (or rather beauty) is in the eye of the beholder and so I'll leave it up to you to decide if it fits in your surroundings or not. What do you think? All the necessary steps are here but if you don't like reading the just sit back, relax and watch the video instead. When I said to people at work that I...
- HUGE LED Pixel Panel
I’ve always been fascinated by LED screens and seeing beautiful colours mix and merge to create vibrant displays. I also love games, so what better way to combine the two than a giant LED pixel matrix which can play games, display audio levels, really anything you can think of. It uses a Raspberry Pi to controller strips of digital LEDs mounted inside a pixel grid with a diffuser mounted on top. It requires some basic wood...
- Time lapsing in OctoPrint (Properly!)
Now that we have decked out our Lulzbot Taz 6 3D Printer with a really nice looking acrylic enclosure, I'm just about ready to turn on some serious 3D printing work. But before I dive into that endless pool of fun, it's a good time to take 5 minutes and set up our Taz 6 and it's OctoPrint Server with a bed-mounted camera and light system. That way I can monitor my prints from the other side of the warehouse using OctoPrint, and m...
- Meet 'Holman' the Ultimate Bluetooth Speaker
Who says you can't have it all? Good looks and a great sound! My name is 'Holman" and I'm a Bluetooth speaker in the form of mans best friend - a dog of course! Why is my name Holman? Well, that's the name of the manufacturer of the PVC pipe I used and the name grew on me as I completed the project! Whilst this might look like a complex project if you have access to the metric PVC pipe and a 3D printer I'm actually quite easy t...
- The Hipster Coaster
We wanted to make a interactive display of the fun that can be had with DIY projects to take to Sydney Mini Maker Faire. We decided to do so by utilising the TinkerKit Braccio from Arduino.org, alongside some 3D Printing ingenuity, for an engaging display for all ages. Enter the Hipster Coaster in all its glory. All the parts were printed seperately on our family of Lulzbot 3D Printers, later stuck together using a mi...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.