This is a solderer’s best helper, the third hand. Comes with a heavy base, two alligator clips, a soldering iron holder, and a good magnifying glass. Note that we don’t normally need a third hand. It’s nice, but soldering flat on a table works just fine. Then again, the desk is starting to look like a mine field of burn marks and melted pot holes.
What we’ve found with many of these cheaper third hand is the lack of stability. The small base on this unit does not make the problem any better. However, with some creativity, you can make it more stable. We also really enjoyed the fact that this unit has a iron holder. Cheap fire-starting soldering irons often do not include a holding stand - this third hand can help prevent accidents and melt marks in the dining room table.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.