Introducing the Teensy 3.6, the newest member of the Teensy lineup from PJRC! If you're not familiar with Teensy, get ready to be blown away.
Created by Paul Stoffregen and the team from PJRC, the Teensy 3.6 is a microcontroller development board running a 32-bit ARM Cortex M4 processor, which brings a 180MHz clock speed to the table, along with 1MB of flash, 4K of EEPROM, and 62 I/O pins. What makes Teensy special, however, is that along with being programmable directly in C, it also supports programming from the Arduino IDE. That's right, you get the power and flexibility of ARM processors, with the versatility that is Arduino IDE. Here's a quick look at some of the specs that the Teensy 3.6 packs in:
- 32 bit ARM Cortex-M4 72 MHz CPU (M4 = DSP extensions)
- 256K Flash Memory, 64K RAM, 2K EEPROM
- 21 High Resolution Analog Inputs (13 bits usable, 16 bit hardware)
- 34 Digital I/O Pins (5V tolerance on Digital Inputs)
- 12 PWM outputs
- 7 Timers for intervals/delays, separate from PWM
- USB with dedicated DMA memory transfers
- 3 UARTs (serial ports)
- SPI, I2C, I2S,CAN Bus, IR modulator
- I2S (for high quality audio interface)
- Real Time Clock (with user-added 32.768 crystal and battery)
- 16 DMA channels (separate from USB)
- Touch Sensor Inputs
- Datasheet (MK20DX256VLH7)
- Teensy Quickstart
- Teensyduino Software
- Pin Assignment Charts
- Using the RTC
- Product Page
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 Review
When Teensy was first released, it was a revelation to the maker community. It brought together the power of ARM processors and the simplicity that is the Arduino IDE. Building upon that platform, Paul Stoffregen, the man behind PJRC continued to inn...
- USB MIDI With Teensy
If you’re a musician or have had anything to do with the entertainment industry, you may have heard of the term MIDI before. MIDI stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface and was created in the mid-80’s as a way to standardize the ...
- Teensy Boards Compared
Hello everyone, how awesome are the Teensy boards from PJRC? Super awesome. And as with any product that has been around for a few years, and gone through various iterations, there’s now a few different boards to choose from, which can make i...
- Using Teensy with Arduino IDE
If you’ve come looking for how to get your Teensy board up and running using the Arduino IDE, then you’ve come to the right place. Whilst you can use the standard Teensy loader application to flash compiled code directly to your Teensy,...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.