An extremely affordable, easy to use RF serial data module with great range pre-built into a USB stick.
Provides an out-of-the-box wireless RF serial connection without the need for programming or end-user configuration.
Comes pre-loaded with Ciseco firmware which enables the SRF-Stick to interwork with all other Ciseco RF modules, without any programming or configuration. You provide data one end and it appears on the other. All data packetisation, data checking, etc. is all done for you.
Makes use of Texas Instruments’ CC1111, a low-power System-on-Chip, which sports a micro-controller unit (MCU), memory, a sub-1GHz transceiver, an encryption engine and a USB controller.
- Comes pre-built as a USB stick
- Supports network identifier PANID for communications into separate networks if desired
- Full speed USB controller (12Mbps)
- 868 and 915 MHz ISM/SRD bands
- 250kbps transfer rate
- 10dBm (10 mW) power
- Low current consumption (RX: 24mA; TX: 36mA @ -10dBm output power)
- Facilitates remote Arduino/Xino over-the-air programming
- Made in the UK
- Low power wireless applications operating in the 868 and 915 MHz ISM/SRD bands
- Industrial monitoring and control
- Wireless sensor networks
- Wireless alarm and security systems
- Automatic meter reading
- Home and building automation
- Low power telemetry
Limitations to use:
The SRF-Stick is not recommended or authorised for use in life support, surgical implantation, nuclear or aircraft applications or for any use or application in which the failure of a single component could cause substantial harm to persons or property.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.