The SparkFun weather:bit is a fully loaded “carrier” board for the micro:bit that, when combined with the micro:bit, provides you with a fully functional weather station. With the weather:bit you will have access to barometric pressure, relative humidity and temperature readings. There are also connections on this carrier board to optional sensors such as wind speed, direction, rain gauge and soil readings! The micro:bit has a lot of features and a lot of potential for weather data collection.
The weather:bit connects to the micro:bit via an edge connector at the top of the board, making setup easy. This creates a handy way to swap out micro:bits for programming, while still providing reliable connections to all of the different pins on the micro:bit. We have also included serial and I2C ports on the weather:bit for optimized connectivity if you so choose.
The micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that lets you get creative with digital technology. Between the micro:bit and our shield-like bit boards you can do almost anything while coding, customizing and controlling your micro:bit from almost anywhere! You can use your micro:bit for all sorts of unique creations, from robots to musical instruments and more. At half the size of a credit card, this versatile board has vast potential!
Note: The SparkFun weather:bit is available to pre-order and does NOT include a micro:bit board; we expect to start shipping units by early July. Adding a pre-order product to an order may cause a delay. Be sure to uncheck “ship complete order” in your cart to avoid delays in shipping in-stock items.
- Onboard temperature, humidity, pressure and light sensor
- Connectors for soil moisture and soil temperature
- Connectors for wind speed, direction and rainfall gauges
- Edge connector for easy micro:bit integration
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.