The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit (SIK) is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the Arduino programming language. The SIK includes everything you need to complete 16 circuits that will teach you how to read sensors, display information on an LCD, drive motors, and more. You don’t need any previous programming or electronics experience to use this kit.
The on-line SIK Digital Guide (in the Documents section below) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for beginners ages 10 and up. This version of the SIK replaces the SparkFun RedBoard for the tried and true Arduino Uno and removes the SIK Guidebook and carrying case. With these parts being swapped and removed we were able to reduce the overall size and weight of the kit making shipping cheaper and easier for anyone ordering it internationally.
Note: As stated above, this SIK does NOT include a carrying case.
- Circuit 1: Blinking an LED
- Circuit 2: Reading a Potentiometer
- Circuit 3: Driving and RGB LED
- Circuit 4: Driving Multiple LEDs
- Circuit 5: Push Buttons
- Circuit 6: Reading a Photo Resistor
- Circuit 7: Reading a Temperature Sensor
- Circuit 8: Driving a Servo Motor
- Circuit 9: Using a Flex Sensor
- Circuit 10: Reading a Soft Potentiometer
- Circuit 11: Using a Buzzer
- Circuit 12: Driving a Motor
- Circuit 13: Using Relays
- Circuit 14: Using a Shift Register
- Circuit 15: Using an LCD
- Circuit 16: Simon Says
- Arduino Uno - R3 SMD
- Arduino and Breadboard Holder
- White Solderless Breadboard
- SparkFun Mini Screwdriver
- 16x2 White on Black LCD (with headers)
- 74HC595 Shift Register
- BC337 Transistor
- 1N4148 Diodes
- DC Motor with Gear
- Small Servo
- SPDT 5V Relay
- TMP36 Temp Sensor
- Flex sensor
- 6' SparkFun USB Cable
- Jumper Wires
- Tri-color LED
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green LEDs
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green Tactile Buttons
- 10K Trimpot
- Piezo Speaker
- 330 and 10K Resistors
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.