Oh boy, now you have no excuse for not building that robot! Nothing is easier or faster than building with extrusion and Adafruit have added 20mm square aluminum extrusion and components to Adafruit's catalog. This product is the extrusion itself. Made of aluminum, its exactly 20x20mm square and has slots on all four sides. You can use T-nuts that slide into the slots to connect plates, couplers, PCBs, cut-outs, etc. Its sort of like a big-sized Erector set.
Adafruit like the 20mm for being just large enough for sturdy DIY projects and robots, but not too clunky and heavy. Each piece here is 610mm long (2 feet), and is easily cut down with a hacksaw or bandsaw. Grab some T-nuts, screws and plates to build a frame, then finish off with end-caps.
Slotted Aluminum Extrusion - 20mm x 20mm - 610mm long (2:10)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade