That photo isn't a Photoshop-job, it really is a 7-segment display with a RGB LED in every single segment! Now you can have a large 7-segment digit in your project with a full color display.
Inside each segment is 3 red/green/blue LEDs, for 21 LEDs total. The anodes are all connected together and then there are 21 cathodes to control. Unfortunately that means you'll need 21 pins to fully control the display, and we do not have a backpack or easy solution at this time. We suggest 3 75HC595's (or similar) chained together so you can control 24 pins with a 3-pin SPI interface. That will let you light up each segment's LED separately. The decimal point is not connected (does not light up) on this display, only the seven segments.
The RGB 7-segment datasheet has a lot more details including dimensions, pinouts, brightness, etc.
RGB 7-Segment Digit - 1" Tall Digit (8:10)
- RGB 7-segment datasheet
- This is a common anode LED display
- Dimensions: 35.59mm / 1.4" x 24.10mm / 0.9" x 8.18mm / 0.3"
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.