Make your Raspberry Pi into an Astro Pi with the Sense HAT - Pressure, humidity, temperature and orientation sensors combined with a beautiful 8x8 LED matrix!
Attach the HAT to your Pi's GPIO pins and you can use the integrated circuit based sensors for many different types of experiments, applications, and even games.
The sensors enable you to read:
- Orientation (yaw, pitch & roll) via an accelerometer, 3D gyroscope and magnetometer
The Sense HAT supports a whole host of projects for the Raspberry Pi, it can measure how fast is the Pi itself travelling (i.e. measure your speed), how hot is it? how humid is it? (air humidity), which direction is the Raspberry Pi facing?
The LED Matrix enables you to display the data from the various sensors, it can show you which way is geomagnetic North by programming a compass using the magnetometer, or simply be used to play games like Tetris, Pong and Snake with the joystick. The joystick can also be used to enable a human user to interact with the programs running on the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT.
Writing programs for the Sense HAT is very simple, with a Python library available to get started quickly and easily. For a truly out of world projects check out the AstroPi website http://astro-pi.org/, containing a host of ideas and instructions for using the Raspberry Pi and Sense HAT on the International Space Station (ISS).
- Gyroscope – angular rate sensor: +/-245/500/2000dps
- Accelerometer - Linear acceleration sensor: +/-2/4/8/16 g
- Magnetometer - Magnetic Sensor: +/- 4/8/12/16 gauss
- Barometer: 260 – 1260 hPa absolute range (accuracy depends on the temperature and pressure, +/- 0.1 hPa under normal conditions)
- Temperature sensor (Temperature accurate to +/- 2 degC in the 0-65 degC range)
- Relative Humidity sensor (accurate to +/- 4.5% in the 20-80%rH range, accurate to +/- 0.5 degC in 15-40 degC range)
- 8x8 LED matrix display
- Small 5 button joystick
- 1 x Sense HAT
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.