The Rainbow Ring board has been upgraded to version 3! This is probably the most beautiful LED ring ever. Each led on the ring can be controlled seperatly on its brightness and colors (RGB). It comes with pre-burned bootloader which has several built in led scripts.
It allows I2C/Serial communication from any MCU and can be serially linked to make a beautiful Art piece via I2C.
It can be programmed using standard Arduino IDE by FTDI breakout board.
If you happen to have an idea or work done using this ring, please share your project with us in the community.
- CPU: Atmega 168P (Lilypad Board in Arduino IDE)
- Bootloader: Optiboot diecimila
- Supply voltage:5V
- Output voltage:5V
- Interface: Serial/I2C/Digital pins
- Push button x2
- 12 SMD RGB LED
- Firmware upgradable
- Stand-alone operation: No microcontroller needed for light script playback
- Wiki Doc
- Arduino sample code for v3
- Rainbow LED Ring v3 schematic
- Rainbow LED Ring v3 bootloader
- Github (contribution submitted by Jules)
Rainbow LED Ring V3 (Arduino Compatible)(1 unit)
Pin headers 90°(5 units)
Pin header(2 units)
Jumper wire(1 unit)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.