The Qwiic Micro OLED is a small monochrome, blue-on-black OLED. It’s “micro”, but it still packs a punch – the OLED display is crisp, and you can fit a deceivingly large amount of graphics on there. This breakout is perfect for adding graphics to your next project or displaying diagnostic information without resorting to serial output.
The main thing to note about the Qwiic Micro OLED is that it is wired to be in I2C mode permanently. In I2C mode, this OLED runs significantly slower than it does in SPI mode. However, it is still a useful and versatile display for low data rate imaging. Displaying current readings from a variety of sensors? Great! Playing a high-speed, side-scrolling video game? Not so much.
The Micro OLED has two selectable I2C addresses. There is a jumper on the pack of the board to select between the two. This is pulled high by default, assigning the address 0x3D. Closing the jumper connects the address line to GND, assigning the address 0x3C.
The OLED ships loose from the PCB. To mount the display, we recommend double-sided, foam tape for a permanent solution or sticky-tack for a non-permanent solution.
The Qwiic version of the Micro OLED has two Qwiic connectors that allow you to easily and quickly attach the display to the Qwicc Shield of your choosing. The Qwiic system enables fast and solderless connection between popular platforms and various sensors and actuators. You can read more about the Qwiic system here. We carry 200mm, 100mm, 50mm, and breadboard friendly Qwiic cables.
We do not plan to regularly produce SparkX products so get them while they’re hot!
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Operating Current: 10mA (20mA max)
- Screen Size: 64x48 pixels (0.66" Across)
- Monochrome Blue-on-Black
- I2C Interface
- Dual Qwiic connectors for fast connection and optional daisy-chaining
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.