The Teensy is a breadboard-friendly development board with loads of features in a, well, teensy package. FashionTech designerAnouk Wipprecht teamed up with Paul Stoffenregen (PJRC) to bring out this special edition 32-bit ARM Cortex microprocessor into the mix so you can do some serious number crunching while being a pretty pink. The Pink Teensy 3.1 (Anouk Edition) is only available for a limited time while supplies last, being a special edition, so be quick!
The Teensy 3.1 comes pre-flashed with a bootloader so you can program it using the on-board USB connection: No external programmer needed! You can program for the Teensy in your favorite program editor using C or you can install the Teensyduino add-on for the Arduino IDE and write Arduino sketches for Teensy!
The processor on the Teensy also has access to the USB and can emulate any kind of USB device you need it to be, making it great for USB-MIDI and other HID projects. The 32 bit processor brings a few other features to the table as well, such as multiple channels of Direct Memory Access, several high-resolution ADCs and even an I2S digital audio interface! There are also 4 separate interval timers plus a delay timer! Oh yeah, and all pins have interrupt capability. Also, it can provide system voltage of 3.3V to other devices at up to 100mA.
All of this functionality is jammed into a 1.4 x 0.7 inch board with all headers on a 0.1" grid so you can slap in on a breadboard and get to work! On top of everything else the Teensy has been gifted with more RAM (64K, thats 4x more than the Teensy 3.0) and 256kb of flash memory! The Teensy 3.1 now has 5V tolerance on its digital inputs however all analog-only pins are still 3.3V only.
Note: This does not come with a USB cable, please check below for an appropriate one.
Dimensions: 1.4 x 0.7" (~35 x 18 mm)
- 32 bit ARM Cortex-M4 72 MHz CPU (M4 = DSP extensions)
- 256K Flash Memory, 64K RAM, 2K EEPROM
- 21 High Resolution Analog Inputs (13 bits usable, 16 bit hardware)
- 34 Digital I/O Pins (5V tolerance on Digital Inputs)
- 12 PWM outputs
- 7 Timers for intervals/delays, separate from PWM
- USB with dedicated DMA memory transfers
- 3 UARTs (serial ports)
- SPI, I2C, I2S,CAN Bus, IR modulator
- I2S (for high quality audio interface)
- Real Time Clock (with user-added 32.768 crystal and battery)
- 16 DMA channels (separate from USB)
- Touch Sensor Inputs
- Datasheet (MK20DX256VLH7)
- Teensy Quickstart
- Teensyduino Software
- Pin Assignment Charts
- Using the RTC
- Product Page
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.