The Pimoroni Display-O-Tron HAT is an upgraded HAT version of Adafruit's Display-O-Tron 3000!
The Display-O-Tron is a lovely 16x3 character LCD display with capacitive touch pads, GPIO breakout pins, and a six-zone RGB backlight (twice as bright as the older Display-O-Tron 3000)!
The capacitive touch pad is ideal for navigating on-screen menus or inputting data and there are some pretty common GPIO pins added for those of you who want to merge with other projects and sensors. The six-zone RGB backlight plus new and improved LED bar graph add a dazzling splash of rainbow color! Monitoring memory usage and CPU load was never so much fun!
To top this all off, this new HAT comes fully assembled with Pimoroni Python support to get you up and running!
- Fully assembled (apart from optional GPIO header)
- Super slim 16x3 character LCD display
- Six capacitive touch input buttons
- Handy six element LED bargraph
- Six-zone RGB backlight with diffuser
- GPIO breakout for 5V, 3V3, GND, SDA/SCL, TX/RX, PWM, MOSI/MISO/SCLK/CE1, and GPIO #5, #6, #13, #19, #26
- Full ASCII set plus eight custom characters
Product Dimensions: 65.0mm x 56.5mm x 12.6mm / 2.6" x 2.2" x 0.5"
Product Weight: 26.3g / 0.9oz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Use a LCD Screen/Display with Raspberry Pi
What fun would a computer be without a screen to see what you’re doing? Well if you own a Raspberry Pi and are curious about the different ways you can connect an external display or monitor up to it, then look no further. Today we’ll be ...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.