The Pimoroni Display-O-Tron HAT is a “shield” for the Raspberry Pi that provides you with a 16x3 character LCD, as well as a full ASCII character set that lets you define eight of your own custom characters for special icons, graphs or decoration for your Pi. This HAT has been equipped with multiple capacitive touch pads, a six-zone RGB backlight and GPIO breakout pins.
Apart from the large black-on-white LCD screen (with dazzling six-zone RGB backlight) and six capacitive touch navigation buttons, the Display-O-Tron features a six-element LED bar graph, which is ideal for monitoring changing statistics such as CPU load or memory usage.
Each Pimoroni Display-O-Tron HAT easily snaps on top of a Raspberry Pi equipped with a 40-pin (2x20) GPIO. Pimoroni has created a GitHub repository bundling the Display-O-Tron software with a set of examples to get you started in an easy-to-use Python module right away.
- Fully assembled (apart from optional GPIO header)
- Super slim 16x3 character LCD display
- Six capacitive touch input buttons
- Eight handy six-element LED bar graph
- Six-zone RGB backlight with diffuser
- GPIO breakout for 5V, 3V3, GND, SDA/SCL, TX/RX, PWM, MOSI/MISO/SCLK/CE1, and GPIO #5, #6, #13, #19, #26
- Full ASCII set plus eight custom characters
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.