The QuickStart is an evaluation board for the 8-Core Parallax Propeller. As an open-source reference design the QuickStart board provides basic Propeller circuitry. Developers may use Adafruit's PCB layout files as their own to speed their project towards completion. As a project board the QuickStart is fully expandable and provides unimpeded access to all I/O pins through an expansion header but includes some button inputs and LEDs to demonstrate programming.
- Open hardware reference design through Adafruit's Altium and DipTrace PCB layout files (more export options may be possible)
- Bus-powered USB coupled with 3.3V regulator for 500 mA
- 5 mHz cyrstal on board may be disabled by removing SMT jumper, allowing replacement with external through-hole crystal
- 64KB EEPROM (32K for P8X32A program, 32K for general-purpose use)
- External brownout reset may be installed by removing SMT jumper
- (8) blue LEDs on P16-P23
- (8) resistive touch-buttons on P0-P7
- Pads for sigma-delta A/D circuitry (two resistors and two capacitors, both 0603) for using the Sigma-Delta A/D AppNote
- Expansion header provides access to Vss, Vdd, 32 I/O pins (28 for any use, 2 are I2C bus, and two are optional Tx/Rx if connected to USB power)
- Measures 2" x 3" (5.1 cm x 7.6 cm)
For tutorials and more information on the Parallax Quickstart board, click here!
This board doesn't come with a mini-B USB cable or bumpers, but Adafruit stock them in the shop so you may want to pick those up.
- Dimensions: 76mm x 51mm x 9mm (3in x 2in x 0.36in)
- Weight: 20g
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Parallax products click here.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.