OWI’s second-generation robotic arm kit, the Robotic Arm Edge, teaches the basic mechanics and electronics of robot arm construction and control. Using five motors with gearboxes, the Edge has five degrees of freedom: a 120° wrist motion, a 300° elbow motion, a 180° shoulder motion, a 270° base motion, and a 0-1.77" (0-4.5cm) gripping motion. When one of the gearboxes encounters excessive resistance to motion, the gearbox will make a noise that alerts you to stop the arm’s motion in that direction. Illuminating whatever the gripper is holding, a white LED is mounted to the “hand” of the arm.
An illustrated manual guides you through assembly, which requires only a Phillips screwdriver, long-nose pliers and diagonal cutters; no soldering is required.
The Robotic Arm Edge is a kit; assembly is required. Four ‘D’ batteries are required but not included.
|OWI-535 Robotic Arm Edge kit parts.|
- wired remote-control with five switches
- 120° wrist motion
- 300° elbow motion
- 180° shoulder motion
- 270° base motion
- 15" (38 cm) vertical reach
- 12.6" (32 cm) horizontal reach
- 3.5oz (100g) lifting capacity
- 0-1.77" (0-4.5cm) grip range
- 9" x 6.3" x 15" (22.8 × 16 × 38 cm) assembled dimensions
- 1.5 lbs (658g) weight
- white LED gripper light
- audible gear indicators prevent damage to gearboxes
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.