Yes, this is an adorable small television! The visible display measures only 2.5" (6.35cm) diagonal, the TFT comes with a NTSC/PAL driver board. The display is very easy to use - simply connect 6-15VDC to the red and black wires, then connect a composite video source to the yellow and black wire. Voila, a television display! There's one little button to adjust the LED backlight brightness up and down. There is no other adjustment available but we found that the color and contrast look great right out of the box.
To demonstrate it, Adafruit took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any analog composite-video output such as a YBox or Propeller w/Video out. It will not work with a device that only outputs VGA, HDMI or any other digital video signal.
Please note, these miniature displays are very delicate and require care to avoid ripping the delicate flex connector. These are best used by electronics geeks who have experience and are comfortable working with delicate electronic components. WE CANNOT REPLACE DAMAGED DISPLAYS if you are not careful and rip the flex connector!
If you received a display where the connector cable has red & black wires going to the composite plug then connect yellow to ground, and white wire to 6-12V, thanks!
- Power with 6-15VDC only into onboard buck converter
- 80mA power draw at 12V, 150mA at 6V
- Control board measures 47mm x 32mm x 6.6mm
- Control board has four mounting holes, each roughly 3mm diameter, in a 27mm x 42mm rectangle
- Four 2.2mm drill holes on a 46mm x 39mm square
- Visible display dimensions: 50.4mm horizontal x 37.8mm vertical
- Resolution: 320 RGB wide x 240 high
- Dot pitch: 0.0525mm wide x 0.1575mm high
- Display metal case dimensions: 62mm x 45mm x 3mm
Adafruit can also refer you to the raw A025DL02 TFT Display datasheet - this is just for the TFT itself, not the driver board
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.