These miniature tank tracks are great for small, indoor, tracked robots. Each track link is injection-molded from ABS, and the links are held together by 1/16″ stainless steel dowel pins. The track is 0.9″ wide, and the pins are spaced approximately 0.54″ apart. These tank tracks are smooth for operation on one of the most common types of terrain that your robot might encounter: carpet! The tracks are designed to work injection-molded sprocket sets that allow for a variety of actuator options:
- 8T Hex for use with Tamiya gearboxes
- 8T Futaba for use with continuous rotation servos with Futaba-compatible servo splines
- 8T GM for use with Solarbotics GM gearmotors and Pololu plastic gearmotors
The picture above shows a belt of 18 links, with 8-tooth sprockets at both ends, in each available color: black, red, yellow, and blue. This is close to the minimum practical belt size, while 50 links would be getting close to the longest practical track length. Different colored links can also be used together to create custom multicolored tracks.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.