This membrane keypad has a single key, but it does have an embedded surface-mount red LED installed. The flex cable is also extra-long, so they can think of a lot of wearable and portable projects that would use this sort of switch and have an LED as feedback (say, to indicate that an action is occuring or the power is on). Since the keypad is soft plastic, it can be sewn with needle and thread.
The back of the pad has a removable paper cover that protects an adhesive backing. You can see how the pins correspond to the LED anode/cathode and button by looking at the photos above.
Adafruit include a 3-pin extra-long header strip so you can plug this into a breadboard with ease.
Membrane LED Keypad + extras (14:05)
- Weight: 1.97g
- Keypad dimensions: 19.05mm / .75" x 34.92mm / 1.37"
- Length of cable + connector: 350mm / 13.77" x 8.24mm / 0.32"
- 5-pin 0.1" pitch connector
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- All About Electrical Switches
On and Off. It’s the basis for all electronics, from the most sophisticated computer network to a simple circuit. Electronics is all about using one thing, to control another, input and output, on and off. Even the transistors inside modern com...
- All About LEDs
Hello and welcome to our tutorial where we a look at all things LED. Now first of all, what is an LED? LED stands for Light Emitting Diode and is an electronic component used to convert electrical energy to light energy. This process is called electr...
- Switches, Debouncing and the Arduino
When we boil it down, everyday interactions with electronics are usually limited to controlling stuff with switches. Whether it be turning on the lights, switching on your laptop or turning on the kettle, all examples of how a physical switch works...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.