OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) is a self light-emitting technology composed of a thin- multi-layered organic film placed between an anode and cathode. In contrast to LCD technology- OLED does not require a backlight. OLED possesses high application potential for virtually all types of displays and is regarded as the ultimate technology for the next generation of flat-panel displays.
How Does OLED Emit Light?
OLEDs basic structure consists of organic materials positioned between the cathode and the anode- which is composed of electric conductive transparent Indium Tin Oxide (ITO). The organic materials compose a multi-layered thin film- which includes the Hole Transporting Layer (HTL)- Emission Layer (EML) and the Electron Transporting Layer (ETL). By applying the appropriate electric voltage- holes and electrons are injected into the EML from the anode and the cathode- respectively. The holes and electrons combine inside the EML to form excitons- after which electroluminescence occurs. The transfer material- emission layer material and choice of electrode are the key factors that determine the quality of OLED components.
- High resolution: 128 x 64
- Viewing angle: >160°
- Wide voltage support: without any modification- directly supports 3V ~ 5V DC
- Working temperature: -30°C ~ 70°C
- Module volume ( generous ): 27.0 x 27.0 x 4.1mm
- I2C/IIC Interface
- Supported by MultiLCD library
- I2C OLED Module for Arduino (1.3") x1
- 4-pin cable x1
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.