OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) is a self light-emitting technology composed of a thin- multi-layered organic film placed between an anode and cathode. In contrast to LCD technology- OLED does not require a backlight. OLED possesses high application potential for virtually all types of displays and is regarded as the ultimate technology for the next generation of flat-panel displays.
How Does OLED Emit Light?
OLEDs basic structure consists of organic materials positioned between the cathode and the anode- which is composed of electric conductive transparent Indium Tin Oxide (ITO). The organic materials compose a multi-layered thin film- which includes the Hole Transporting Layer (HTL)- Emission Layer (EML) and the Electron Transporting Layer (ETL). By applying the appropriate electric voltage- holes and electrons are injected into the EML from the anode and the cathode- respectively. The holes and electrons combine inside the EML to form excitons- after which electroluminescence occurs. The transfer material- emission layer material and choice of electrode are the key factors that determine the quality of OLED components.
- High resolution: 128 x 64
- Viewing angle: >160°
- Wide voltage support: without any modification- directly supports 3V ~ 5V DC
- Working temperature: -30°C ~ 70°C
- Module volume ( generous ): 27.0 x 27.0 x 4.1mm
- I2C/IIC Interface
- Supported by MultiLCD library
- I2C OLED Module for Arduino (1.3") x1
- 4-pin cable x1
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade