A development board that provides a simple interface for the HMC5883L (three-axis magnetic field module).
- Type: GY-271
- 3V to 5V operating voltage
- Uses I2C communication protocol
- Measurment range: ± 1.3-8 Gauss
- HMC5883L Datasheet
We've been informed by customers of changes to the chipset on some of these breakout boards where they feature the Chinese clone of the HMC5883L: QMC5883. Whilst intended as a drop-in replacement, they require some tweaking to the code in order to function correctly due to some register and I2C address changes.
Here's a picture highlighting the visual differences between the two chipsets:
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.