An OLED (organic light-emitting diode) has many advantages over traditional LCD displays, including a faster response speed, thinner profile, lower power consumption and excellent shock resistance. An OLED can be widely used in mobile devices for display applications. Used in conjunction with a mini Arduino-based microcontroller such as the Beetle or CurieNano, it is a straightforward process to make a simple wearable application.
Our Gravity OLED 12864 display is a self-luminous display module with a blue background. The display areas is 0.96”and uses an IC SSD1306 chip. The OLED screen supports I2C communication and refresh rates of up to 60Hz. The module uses the Gravity I2C common interface for easy plug and play usage – meaning you can connect it without the need for wires - just plug it straight in to your device. The display bezel is constructed from aluminum alloy which protects the screen from scratches and damage.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.