This graphical display looks fantastic, at a great price! This display will add the ultimate cool to your project, with a black negative display that has a full RGB LED backlight. You can control with PWM to make any color you can imagine, and it will look stunning with the black inverted (negative) background.
Four mounting holes and a blank 11 pin 2mm-pitch labeled breakout on the side - Adafruit just soldered some wire to each hole as shown in the photos, its very easy. (The LCDs have no wires soldered in when Adafruit ship them)
Bonus! Adafruit are including a free 4050 level shifter chip so that you can safely use it with your favorite 5V microcontroller
- Lower cost than KS0108 LCDs
- Serial interface uses only 4 or 5 digital pins
- Low power, full-color RGB LED backlight
- Visible in daylight without backlight
- Works perfectly with 3V logic
- 3.3v power and logic means a level converter is needed for 5V Arduinos (Adafruit include this part when purchasing from us)
- Microcontroller must buffer display - uses 1Kb of RAM. This means you must upgrade to a ATmega328 if you are using an Arduino with a '8 or '168
For a more detailed tutorial, including how to wire up the display with a 4050, see Adafruit's writeup at http://www.ladyada.net/learn/lcd/st7565.html
Adafruit have C code and an Arduino library ready to go (we suggest reading the above tutorial too!)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.