Pianos are heavy and can take about a year to make. What if you could have one that weighed only a few grams and took a very small amount of time to construct? The Gram Piano is a beginners soldering kit that, once assembled, gives you with a musical keyboard that will leave you feeling like a modern day Mozart. This kit provides you with the ability to play an octave worth of notes using the capacitive touch keys, no strings or hammers required! The pre-installed software also lets you play a melody with the press of a button and switch octaves using a soldered potentiometer.
The Gram Piano is a simple through-hole kit with a fair part count, making it ideal for beginning solderers looking for a little more challenge. Like our other soldering kits, building and playing with this kit will teach you various skills related to soldering, electronics, and programming.
Note: Be sure to check out the Quickstart Guide in the Documents section below for helpful tips and assembly instructions.
- 1x Gram Piano PCB
- 1x PCB Speaker
- 1x ATMega328P AVR Microcontroller
- 1x Mini Power Switch
- 1x Mini Push Button
- 1x 10k Ohm Trimpot
- 1x 6-pin Right-Angle Header
- 2x 330 Ohm Resistor
- 2x 10k Ohm Resistor
- 2x 5mm LED - Red
- 2x AA Battery
- 4x AA Battery Holder
- 4x 0.1uF Capacitor
- 4x 3/8" 4-40 Phillips Screw
- 4x 3/8" 4-40 Nylon Standoff
- 13x 2M Ohm Resistor
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.