What can you do with the Raspberry Pi, the inexpensive credit card-sized computer? All sorts of things! If you’re learning how to program, or looking to build new electronic projects, this hands-on guide will show you just how valuable this flexible little platform can be.
Updated to include coverage of the Raspberry Pi Model B+, Getting Started with Raspberry Pi takes you step-by-step through many fun and educational possibilities. Take advantage of several preloaded programming languages. Use the Raspberry Pi with Arduino. Create Internet-connected projects. Play with multimedia. With Raspberry Pi, you can do all this and more!
In Getting Started with Raspberry Pi, you’ll:
- Get acquainted with hardware features of the Raspberry Pi
- Learn enough Linux to move around the operating system
- Draw graphics, play sounds, and handle mouse events with the Pygame framework
- Use the input and output pins to do some hardware hacking
- Discover how Arduino and the Raspberry Pi complement each other
- Integrate webcams and the Raspberry Pi Camera Module into your projects
- Create your own Pi-based web server with Python
- Author: Matt Richardson & Shawn Wallace
- Publisher: Maker Media, Inc
- Paperback: 200 pages
- 2nd Edition
- ISBN-10: 1-4571-8612-8
- ISBN-13: 978-1-4571-8612-7
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.