This handy module keeps accurate time for years using a tiny coin-cell, and is very simple to connect to your Arduino project. A driver library allows your program to easily set or read the time and date. Perfect for clock projects, dataloggers or anything that needs to know the date and time.
- Set or read accurate time and dates from your Arduino.
- Keeps time without power using a CR1632 coin cell battery backup (supplied)
- 236 Bytes of addressable non-volatile memory, save serial numbers and important values.
- Add a Dot Matrix Display panel and one of our Arduino-compatible boards for a huge clock!
- Ideal for datalogging projects.
- Free software library and examples.
- RTC Module Quickstart Guide
- RTC Schematic & Reference (PDF)
- DS3232 Datasheet (PDF)
- Design files
- Check out Rhys Weatherley's DS3232 library and examples to see how to communicate with the RTC module: http://rweather.github.com/arduinolibs/index.html
- See also Tecsmith's driver library, which is more closely integrated with the official Time.h library: https://github.com/Tecsmith/DS3232RTC
- RTC (83)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.