The ESP-01 WiFi Module Shield lets you easily plug an ESP-01 WiFi Module into your Arduino.
Note: ESP-01 WiFi Module not included.
The ESP-01 is a very popular module based on the ESP8266 chipset that lets you add WiFi support to your project. However, you can't connect it directly to a typical Arduino because it uses 3.3V data pins for communication (not 5V) and it requires a high-current 3.3V power supply. It also needs a mode pin to be set correctly in order to operate.
This shield takes care of all those problems and lets you simply plug in your ESP-01, load a sketch, and communicate with it directly from your Arduino. Easy!
- 3.3V regulator dedicated to the module to ensure sufficient current capacity
- Logic level shifters on TX/RX lines: compatible with both 3.3V and 5V Arduino models
- Selectable TX/RX pins: use D0/D1 for hardware serial, or D2 - D7 for software serial
- CH_PD pin on ESP-01 module pre-biased for correct operation mode
- Extra ESP-01 pins broken out for your own connections
- Prototyping area with 5V and GND rails
- All Arduino headers broken out for easy connections
- Stacking R3-style Arduino headers including the ICSP header
- ESP-01 WiFi Module Shield quickstart guide
- NURDs documentation for the ESP-01 module / ESP8266
- ESP8266 community forum
- ESP8266 WIFI Facebook group
- ESP8266 guide on Instructables
- ESP8266 guide on Labradoc
- ESP8266 Quick Start
- Overview of the ESP-0x series modules
- Discuss on the forum
- Schematic PDF (v1.0)
- Schematic PDF (v2.0)
- Schematic PDF (v3.0)
- Design files
- ESP1SH (0)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade