The ESP-01 WiFi Module Shield lets you easily plug an ESP-01 WiFi Module into your Arduino.
Note: ESP-01 WiFi Module not included.
The ESP-01 is a very popular module based on the ESP8266 chipset that lets you add WiFi support to your project. However, you can't connect it directly to a typical Arduino because it uses 3.3V data pins for communication (not 5V) and it requires a high-current 3.3V power supply. It also needs a mode pin to be set correctly in order to operate.
This shield takes care of all those problems and lets you simply plug in your ESP-01, load a sketch, and communicate with it directly from your Arduino. Easy!
- 3.3V regulator dedicated to the module to ensure sufficient current capacity
- Logic level shifters on TX/RX lines: compatible with both 3.3V and 5V Arduino models
- Selectable TX/RX pins: use D0/D1 for hardware serial, or D2 - D7 for software serial
- CH_PD pin on ESP-01 module pre-biased for correct operation mode
- Extra ESP-01 pins broken out for your own connections
- Prototyping area with 5V and GND rails
- All Arduino headers broken out for easy connections
- Stacking R3-style Arduino headers including the ICSP header
- ESP-01 WiFi Module Shield quickstart guide
- NURDs documentation for the ESP-01 module / ESP8266
- ESP8266 community forum
- ESP8266 WIFI Facebook group
- ESP8266 guide on Instructables
- ESP8266 guide on Labradoc
- ESP8266 Quick Start
- Overview of the ESP-0x series modules
- Discuss on the forum
- Schematic PDF (v1.0)
- Schematic PDF (v2.0)
- Schematic PDF (v3.0)
- Design files
- ESP1SH (0)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.