The emulator connects to PC via USB cable and is operated via an easy-to-use software GUI. Secondary development is possible with serial TTL connector available for connection of interaction with Arduino or other embedded system with source of data (e.g. sensors).
Freematics OBD-II Emulator is practically useful and cost effective for OBD-II related application development on desk. Once extended with external data source, it can even be used to provide an OBD-II port for vehicles that don’t have a real one and thus existing OBD-II device/software can also work with the vehicle.
The emulator is controlled by GUI software【http://freematics.com/pages/software/freematics-obd-emulator-gui/】 via USB interface. The BLE enabled version provides additional wireless control by iOS device (iPad/iPhone) with our Freematics Emulator App.【https://itunes.apple.com/tt/app/freematics-emulator/id931166528】
- Emulating standard 16-pin OBD-II port
- Simulating vehicle data bus (CAN, KWP2000, ISO9141-2)
- Responding to all OBD-II PIDs polls
- Responding to DTC and VIN requests
- Providing both power and emulated data for OBD-II compliant devices
- Adjusting values of all OBD-II PIDs
- Setting diagnostic trouble code (DTC)
- Changing vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Switching between supported protocols
- USB and TTL serial controlling interfaces (controlled by PC or micro-controller/Arduino)
- Firmware upgradable
- Embedded BLE for wireless control via iOS App
- CAN 500Kbps/11bit
- CAN 250Kbps/11bit
- CAN 500Kbps/29bit
- CAN 250Kbps/29bit
- KWP2000 Fast
- KWP2000 5Kbps
- OBD-II Port: 16-pin female
- Power Input: DC 12V
- 6-pin XH-2.54 socket (Tx/Rx/GND/3.3V/5V/12V)
- Support USB port
- Freematics OBD-II Emulator MK2 x1
- USB Cable x1
- [email protected] AC/DC adapter x1
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.