The easiest and most convenient way to communicate with your XRF/URF/ERF/SRF & DRF modules via standard 0.1" headers. This module, unlike most competitive radios can also be run at 5v (2.1-5v). The ERF transparently passes characters to and from individual or multiple radio devices. You don't need to do CRC's or error checking it's all done for you, send text, recieve text, thats it, so simple. It's breadboard friendly layout means someone with no experience can still get developing in less than a minute.
- Point to point, point to multipoint, meshing via LLAP or custom addressing scheme
- Out the box it just works, no complex setups, what you send to one appears on all the other radio devices. The packetisation, data checking etc is all done for you. Simply plug and send serial 9600bps data (many other baud rates supported)
- Can specify a network identifier PANID to separate comunications into separate networks if desired
- Based on the Texas Instruments CC1110 combined micro & RF transciever. Runs as standard at 868.3Mhz. The chip antenna is good for 868-915Mhz, will also work at 315Mhz and 433Mhz the range will be shorter
- Over the air data rate of 250Kbps with a max of 500Kbps
- Can be programmed in it's own right. We suggest the free version of IAR's C compiler as there is TI sample code published on the web but you could use SDCC
- Facilitates remote Arduino/Xino over-the-air programming
- Inbuilt chip antenna for neat robust finish, upto 500m range (LOS)
- Built in regulator will support 3.3v micros or 5v micros for power and data lines
- Supports 128bit AES encryption like all the other devices do.
- Plugs in many Arduino style boards, Nanode, OpenKontrol Gateway etc (anything with an FTDI style port)
- Supplied with a 6 pin header and 6 pin female connector, so the choice is your which to use
- Drivers (not needed)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.