The DS275 Line-Powered RS-232 Transceiver Chip derives power from the data line providing an extremely low-cost and low-power RS-232 serial port interface. The receiver input translates RS-232 signal levels to common CMOS/TTL levels. The transmitter circuit steals current from the receive RS-232 signal when that signal is in a negative state (marking). Since most serial communication ports remain in a negative state statically, using the receive signal for negative power greatly reduces the DS275's static power consumption.
The DS275's power-saving interface is ideal for connecting battery-powered systems such as laptop computers, remote sensors, and portable instrumentation.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.