DFRduino GPS Shield for Arduino uses ublox LEA-5H.
The LEA-5H is a high performance stand-alone GPS and GALILEO receiver module designed to allow easy, straightforward migration from its LEA-4 predecessors. It features u-blox' KickStart weak signal acquisition technology, as well as flexible connectivity options. The LEA-5H comes with built-in Flash memory that enables firmware updates and the storage of specific configuration settings in a non-volatile RAM. The built-in antenna supervisor supports external and active antennas, such as u-blox' ANN high performance GPS antenna.
u-blox KickStart provides accelerated startup at weak signals, and DFRobot's featured SuperSense® Indoor GPS is capable of tracking and acquiring even extremely weak signals. This makes the LEA-5H suitable for solutions using small or covert antennas.
Suggestion: Customers can buy TEL0042 Built-in GPS Antenna to equip this GPS shield and maximize its power.
- Easy migration from LEA-4H and LEA-4P modules
- Accelerated startup at weak signals thanks to KickStart Technology
- Operating voltage: 2.7 - 3.6 V
- LEA-5H Reference design documentation available with ceramic or GeoHelix antenna, UART and USB
- 2 Hz position update rate
- Built-In Flash memory for fimware upgrades and storage of specific configuration settings
- Antenna supervisor and supply
- Antenna short and open circuit detection and protection for external antennas
- 1 UART, 1 USB and 1 DDC (I2C compliant) interface
- 50-channel u-blox 5 engine with over 1 million effective correlators
- Under 1 second Time-To-First-Fix for Hot and Aided Starts
- SuperSense® Indoor GPS: -160 dBm tracking sensitivity
- Supports AssistNow Online and AssistNow Offline A-GPS services; OMA SUPL compliant
- Supports SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to 85°C
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
- Ublox Resource
- GPS Data Sheet
- Wiki Doc (Sample code is in wiki page)
- Processing Library
- GPS Shield (1 unit)
- Passive Attena (1 unit)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.