This audio adapter lets you easily add high quality 16 bit, 44.1 kHz sample rate (CD quality) audio to your projects with a Teensy 3.0 or 3.1. It supports stereo headphone and stereo line-level output, and also stereo line-level input or mono microphone input.
The audio chip connects to Teensy v3 using 7 signals. The I2C pins SDA and SCL are used to control the chip and adjust parameters. Audio data uses I2S signals, TX (to headphones and/or line out) and RX (from line in or mic), and 3 clocks, LRCLK (44.1 kHz), BCLK (1.41 MHz) and MCLK (11.29 MHz). All 3 clocks are created by Teensy3.1. The SGTL5000 chip operates in "slave mode", where all its clock pins are inputs.
As of February 23rd, 2015 Adafruit are shipping an updated version with a few minor changes.
This product does NOT include a Teensy, it's just the audio adapter!
- 35mm x 37mm x 2mm / 1.4" x 1.5" x .08"
- Height with Jack: 6.7mm
- Weight: 4.9g
- As of February 23rd, 2015 Adafruit are shipping an updated version with a few minor changes:
- 1. Pullup resistors are added for the SD card and optional SPI flash chip (the empty 8-pin location on the bottom side).
- 2. The values of some capacitors are increased, to allow for better signals at sub-audible frequencies.
- 3. A few locations are added to cut and join traces, to reconfigure the board to non-standard wiring.
- The new version is 100% compatible with the software and exactly the same form factor!
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.