Toss out those FTDI cables and go USB-native with the ATmega32u4. After many months of back-orders, we finally received a shipment of these little guys and are excited to offer Adafruit's breakout board. The little dev board keeps it simple, with just the bare essentials:
- Atmega32u4 - AVR core with USB capability. 32K flash, 2.5K RAM running at 16MHz
- Standard AVR 6-pin ISP connector for direct programming (when you need the extra space)
- Big Bootload/Reset button
- 500mA fuse on the USB power line
- Power LED and 'user' LED (also indicates when the bootloader is active)
- Fits nicely in any breadboard
- 4 mounting holes
This breakout board is best for those who have familiarity with some microcontrollers and are comfortable with writing code in C. This board doesn't come with any 'learn to program' tutorials! If this is your first time with a microcontroller, We suggest going with an Arduino which is easier. Then when you want to upgrade, check this out.
Plug it in, connect a mini-B USB cable and you can start writing code immediately. With the built-in bootloader you don't even need an AVR programmer. We suggest checking out the LUFA library to get started with the USB core as nearly every kind of device has an example already.
For more information, including files, check out the product page including why you'd want to use a Teensy or this board.
- Length: 51.15mm/2.01in
- Width: 22.7m../0.89in
- Height: 5.78mm/0.23in
- Weight: 5.14g/0.18oz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.