Riding on the waves of the very popular Arduino USB board is this small prototyping shield. Originally spawned with collaboration between the folks at SFE and ITP @ NYU, the ProtoShield mates with the Arduino USB board and gives the user a small soldering area, two general LEDs, access to a BlueSMiRF socket, a general pushbutton switch, and most important of all - the Arduino reset switch is brought to the top level. A ProtoShield quickstart guide is available!
This comes in kit form and must be soldered together by the end user. Please note - we do not ship assembly instructions, but you can find a big, clean photographed assembly guide here! There are a few tutorials on assembly listed below. All soldering is through-hole (relatively easy) but always check your component orientation before soldering!
The kit is pictured with the bread-board option. We highly recommend this breadboard! See the related items below for all the colorful options of breadboards you have.
- 1x ProtoShield bare PCB
- 2x Stackable Headers 6-pin
- 2x Stackable Headers 8-pin
- 2x 5mm Basic Yellow LEDs
- 2x 330 Ohm resistors
- 1x 10k resistor
- 2x Momentary push buttons
- 2x 0.1uF Ceramic Capacitors
- All Arduino pins are brought to the top level
- 5V, GND, and Vin pins are exposed as well
- BlueSMiRF socket for wireless communication between Arduinos
- 2 general use LEDs
- 1 general use button
- Reset button brought to top level
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.