Squee! It's the cutest, tiniest little Arduino yet! The Arduino Micro packs all of the power of the Arduino Leonardo in a 1.9" x 0.7" (48mm x 18mm) size. Although it may look like a stick of gum, its actually a USB-native 8-bit microcontroller, with 32K of flash, and 2.5K of RAM. You can program it directly via the USB micro connector on one end (or for the advanced users, the 6-pin ISP header). The Arduino Micro is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega32u4 (datasheet), developed in conjunction with Arduino.cc and Adafruit.
Onboard is the processor, crystal, micro USB connection with fuse, Reset button, ISP low-level reprogramming header, ON LED, TX and RX LEDs, a extra user pin #13 LED, and a 3.3V regulator. You'll probably also want to pick up a micro-B USB cable to connect this board to your computer
You can use it for basic Arduino sketches as well as USB client projects like making it appear as a mouse or keyboard to your computer! Although it is not shield compatible - it does have all the same pins as a Leonardo. Its best for when you want to shrink your project down or use it on a breadboard.
This version of the Micro comes without headers pre-soldered on and runs at 5V logic with a 16MHz crystal.
For more technical details and starting guides, check out the Arduino website
Arduino Micro without Headers - 5V 16MHz ATmega32u4 - Assembled (3:50)
- Dimensions including 6-pin header height: 17.77mm x 49.52mm x 11.59mm / 0.7" x 1.9" x 0.4"
- Weight: 4.5g
- Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Input Voltage (recommended): 7-12V
- Input Voltage (limits): 6-20V
- Digital I/O Pins: 20
- PWM Channels: 7
- Analog Input Channels: 12
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 50 mA
- Flash Memory: 32 KB (ATmega32u4) of which 4 KB used by bootloader
- SRAM: 2.5 KB (ATmega32u4)
- EEPROM: 1 KB (ATmega32u4)
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.