Raspberry Pi is awesome, and there are so many different ways you can use it, and Adventures in Raspberry Pi is the perfect way to get started!
This fantastic guide by Carrie Anne Philbin high-quality, easy to follow step-by-step projects that will get you writing programs with Scratch and Python, creating electronic music, using sensors and LEDs with the GPIO pins, plus much more! Best of all is that you don't need any prior experience at all, and this kit is perfect for kids and adults alike!
Along with the printed guide, you also get access to the Adventures in Raspberry Pi companion website www.wiley.com/go/adventuresinrp which contains community projects, video guides, coding files, and badges for your Raspberry Pi achievements:
- Get started with your Raspberry Pi
- Write your first programs in the Scratch and Python programming languages
- Draw shapes and designs with Turtle Graphics
- Use cool developer tools such as Minecraft Pi and Sonic Pi
- Interact with and create transporters in a Minecraft world
- Compose and play electronic music
- Design and create your own role-playing game
- Learn basic electronics, starting with a marshmallow-powered button
- Plan, design and create a jukebox that plays your favourite tunes
All of the parts in the kits are high-quality components that are guaranteed to work with your Raspberry Pi. It's got everything you need to complete the guided projects, plus heaps more!
Parts Kit includes:
- 800pt breadboard
- 16x2 3V3 LCD Display (with pre-soldered header)
- 10K trim potentiometer
- 4 x 12mm tactile switch
- 4 x tactile switch cap
- 2 x 5mm LED
- 2 x 330R resistor
- 5 x 10KR resistor
- GPIO overlay
- Plenty of jumper wires
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners
Welcome to the Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners! Here you'll be able to follow along with our series of bite-sized videos that cover everything you'll need to know to get started with your Raspberry Pi, and start making awesome projects. My name...
- C Programming for Makers
Welcome to the C Programming Workshop for Makers! Here you'll be able to follow along with our series of easily digestible videos that cover everything you'll need to know to on your way with C programming and start making awesome projects. As you pr...
- Choosing the Right Raspberry Pi Kit
Show of hands, who loves Raspberry Pi? We all do, and one of the most common questions we get asked is which Raspberry Pi kit is going to best suit my project, which one has the right components in it etc. So today we’re going to be looking at ...
- Getting Started with the Raspberry Pi 3A+
There is a new board in the Raspberry Pi family! In this Tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to set up your new Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+.To setup your Raspberry Pi 3A+ you will need: A Raspberry Pi 3A+ A Preloaded NOOBS SD Card A power ...
- How to Connect to your Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ Remotely Using SSH
Sometimes a good Raspberry Pi project needs to be in a place that just hard to reach. The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ has a small form factor and is well suited for being tucked away inside a box, ceiling, or wherever your project demands. It's not pra...
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ Comparison
Introduction There is a new Raspberry Pi! The long-awaited upgrade to the Rasberry Pi 1 Model A+ (Rpi1 A+). In this article, we are going to look at how much improvement the new Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ (Rpi3 A+) is over the Rpi1 A+ as well as ...
- Digital Signage with the Raspberry Pi
A big project request for the Raspberry Pi is the ability to make a digital sign, that loops images/videos/other media fullscreen with no interactivity. This can be a great way to display dashboards, promotional videos and other media. For past revis...
- Mass SD card Image Writer
We've built a mass SD card writer using a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, some USB hubs and SD card readers. This beast has enough ports to write 49 SD cards at once! At Core Electronics, sometimes logistics hang-ups mean that suppliers cannot meet our demand for pre-flashed SD cards. During these periods we have to pick up the slack by manually imaging blank SD cards we source ourselves. Of course, this is a super-tedious process, and ...
- Raspberry Pi IoT Doorbell
This Raspberry Pi, IoT Doorbell is basically a simple smart Door Bell, which takes a photo of whoever rings it, and emails it to the specified email address, and keeps all the photos in a folder. (along with going Ding-Dong). Any Problems, just leave a comment/start a discussion below....
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.