Raspberry Pi is awesome, and there are so many different ways you can use it, and Adventures in Raspberry Pi is the perfect way to get started!
This fantastic guide by Carrie Anne Philbin high-quality, easy to follow step-by-step projects that will get you writing programs with Scratch and Python, creating electronic music, using sensors and LEDs with the GPIO pins, plus much more! Best of all is that you don't need any prior experience at all, and this kit is perfect for kids and adults alike!
Along with the printed guide, you also get access to the Adventures in Raspberry Pi companion website www.wiley.com/go/adventuresinrp which contains community projects, video guides, coding files, and badges for your Raspberry Pi achievements:
- Get started with your Raspberry Pi
- Write your first programs in the Scratch and Python programming languages
- Draw shapes and designs with Turtle Graphics
- Use cool developer tools such as Minecraft Pi and Sonic Pi
- Interact with and create transporters in a Minecraft world
- Compose and play electronic music
- Design and create your own role-playing game
- Learn basic electronics, starting with a marshmallow-powered button
- Plan, design and create a jukebox that plays your favourite tunes
All of the parts in the kits are high-quality components that are guaranteed to work with your Raspberry Pi. It's got everything you need to complete the guided projects, plus heaps more!
Parts Kit includes:
- 800pt breadboard
- 16x2 3V3 LCD Display (with pre-soldered header)
- 10K trim potentiometer
- 4 x 12mm tactile switch
- 4 x tactile switch cap
- 2 x 5mm LED
- 2 x 330R resistor
- 5 x 10KR resistor
- GPIO overlay
- Plenty of jumper wires
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners
Welcome to the Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners! Here you'll be able to follow along with our series of bite-sized videos that cover everything you'll need to know to get started with your Raspberry Pi, and start making awesome projects. My name...
- Choosing the Right Raspberry Pi Kit
Show of hands, who loves Raspberry Pi? We all do, and one of the most common questions we get asked is which Raspberry Pi kit is going to best suit my project, which one has the right components in it etc. So today we’re going to be looking at ...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Maintaining a Project with Git
Let's have a very quick look at Git and Github - Git is an enormous topic, so this won't be an exhaustive tutorial but by the end of it we'll have a working knowledge of basic git workflow. I'll be showing this tutorial on a Raspberry Pi, ...
- Pimoroni Blinkt: Setup and first script
Not quite sure how to get started with your Pimoroni Blinkt module? Let's set one up and have a play around! We'll guide you through the installation, open up some examples and try our hand at writing a simple program. You'll need: A Raspberry Pi...
- Basics: Getting Started with the Terminal on Raspberry Pi
In this tutorial we’ll be getting familiar with basic use of the Raspberry Pi terminal. We’ll cover navigating the file-system, making directories, writing and editing text files, and just touch on the use of wildcards. To get started wi...
- Mass SD card Image Writer
We've built a mass SD card writer using a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, some USB hubs and SD card readers. This beast has enough ports to write 49 SD cards at once! At Core Electronics, sometimes logistics hang-ups mean that suppliers cannot meet our demand for pre-flashed SD cards. During these periods we have to pick up the slack by manually imaging blank SD cards we source ourselves. Of course, this is a super-tedious process, and ...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.