SMA attenuators are used to reduce the input power, and therefore enable RF Explorer to measure stronger signals. It is also used to protect the input SMA port of RF Explorer when unknown strong signals may be in the environment, so you can use this attenuator on demand. You can easily unplug the attenuator when measurement is for weak signals.
You can also daisy chain multiple attenuators to get additional values. For instance a 10 dB + 30dB attenuators connected in series will give you 40dB total attenuation.
RF Explorer firmware includes an “Offset DB” feature in the Attenuator Menu, you should specify (+030) dB in this setting when the attenuator is connected in order to get correct readings on screen.
This powerful 30dB attenuator will work reliably up to 6GHz and 2W input power.
Seethis article for more details on protection of your RF Explorer.
- Reliable V.S.W.R
- Easy maintenance
- Wide broadband frequency application
- Directional 2 Watt rating
- Frequency range: DC - 6.0 GHz
- Impedance (Nominal): 50Ω
- Power rating: 2 Watt (+33dBm)
- Attenuation: 30 dB
- Tolerance: +/- 0.5dB/max
- V.S.W.R (Max): 1.22 : 1
- Connector type: SMA male – female
For any technical support or suggestion, please kindly go to our forum.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.