This is a FCC/CE certified and UL listed power supply. Need a lot of 5V power? This switching supply gives a clean regulated 5V output at up to 2000mA. 110 or 240 input, so it works in any country. The plugs are "US 2-prong" style so you may need a plug adapter, but you can pick one up at any hardware store for a $1 or so.
This cable terminates with a 'standard' 5.5mm OD, 2.1mm ID positive tip connector and with match with Adafruit's 2.1mm extension cord, female terminal block adapter, breadboard-friendly DC jack, etc.
This adapter is great for use with RGB LED pixels, Neopixels or addressable LED strip, etc. Its not good for powering an Arduino thru the DC jack as it requires at least 7.5V - check out Adafruit's 9V adapter instead!
This particular adapter is very nice, much better than the 'PSP charger' Adafruit got before, with better stability and less drooping at high currents. Adafruit even splurged to get a high quality supply that is FCC/CE certified and UL listed!
Some customers have asked Adafruit why the label seems to say ".2A" instead of "2A" - there is a comma in front of the 2 that looks like a dot! It is really a 2A supply.
- 47mm x 33mm x 33mm (1.9in x 1.3in x 1.3in)
- Cable Length: 1.83/72in (5')
- Cable Diameter: 3.5mm (0.125in)
- Plug type: 5.5mm OD / 2.1mm ID 'coaxial' DC plug
- Input: 110V-220V AC
- Output: ~5V DC up to 2A
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.