Add some jazz & pizazz to your project with a color touchscreen LCD. This TFT display is big (2.8" diagonal) bright (4 white-LED backlight) and colorful (18-bit 262,000 different shades)! 240x320 pixels with individual pixel control, this has way more resolution than a black and white 128x64 display. As a bonus, this display has a resistive touchscreen attached to it already, so you can detect finger presses anywhere on the screen.
This display has a controller built into it with RAM buffering, so that almost no work is done by the microcontroller. You'll need 8 digital data lines and 4 or 5 digital control lines to read and write to the display (12 lines total). 4 pins are required for the touch screen (2 digital, 2 analog) but because of the way resistive touch screens work, Adafruit can share pins with the LCD so the entire setup can be run by 12 pins (10 digital, 2 analog).
Of course, Adafruit wouldn't just leave you with a datasheet and a "good luck!" - Adafruit has written a full open source graphics library that can draw pixels, lines, rectangles, circles, text and full color bitmaps from an SD card . Adafruit also has a touch screen library that detects x, y and z (pressure) and example code to demonstrate all of it. Be sure to see Adafruit's detailed tutorial at the product page where Adafruit discusses how to use the LCD, and go through the example Arduino library and example code. The library and example code is written for Arduino but can be easily ported to your favorite microcontroller!
If you are using an Arduino-shaped microcontroller, Adafruit suggests using Adafruit's TFT shield version which is more compact and includes a microSD card holder! this breakout board version does not have microSD holder.
- 2.8" diagonal LCD TFT display
- 240x320 resolution, 18-bit (262,000) color
- ILI9325 (datasheet) or ILI9328 (datasheet) controller with built in video RAM buffer
- 8 bit digital interface, plus 4 or 5 control lines
- 5V compatible! Use with 3.3V or 5V logic such as an Arduino
- Onboard 3.3V @ 150mA LDO regulator
- 4 white LED backlight, transistor connected so you can PWM dim the backlight
- 1x20 header for easy breadboarding, or 2x10 header for cable connection
- 4 x 0.125"/3mm mounting holes with tabs
- 4-wire resistive touchscreen
Display itself is 70mm x 50mm x 4mm (2.72" x 1.97"x 0.15")
PCB with tabs is 82mm x 64mm (2.5" x 3.2")
4 mounting holes are 3.2mm diameter (0.13") on a 2.25" x 2.95" grid (57.5mm x 75mm)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (no pickups sorry!):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.