This adapter board is designed to make adding wireless point-to-point or mesh networking easy. I looked at all the XBee adapter boards available and decided to design something better:
- Onboard 3.3V regulator to cleanly power your XBee, up to 250mA
- Level shifting circuitry means that its trivial to connect it to 5V circuitry such as an Arduino without risk of damage
- Two LEDs, one for activity (RSSI), the other for power (Associate)
- 10-pin 2mm sockets included to protect the modem and allow easy swapping, upgrading or recycling
- All the commonly used pins are brought out along the edge, making it easy to breadboard or wire up
- Specifically created for use with an FTDI cable to connect to a computer via USB. This means that you can use or upgrade the adapter with a computer simply by plugging in a cable
- Works with XBee series 1 and 2 as well as Series 1&2 Pro modules
The kit includes a PCB and all components necessary to build the adapter, unassembled. Tools are not included. This kit is really easy and will only take 15 minutes to build, even if you've never soldered before.
Please note that the adapter does not include an XBee module, they must be purchased separately. Check out this page for a comparison of all the XBee's available. If you want to connect this up to a computer's USB port you'll need a FTDI cable or FTDI friend (also not included)
For more information, check out the project page for instructions, documentation, tutorials and example code!
- Dimensions(assembled): 26mm x 40mm x 11mm (1in x 1.5in x 0.4in)
- Weight: 10.8g / 0.38oz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.