Put USB to work in your designs with USB Complete: The Developer's Guide! This book bridges the gap between the technical specifications and the real world of designing and programming devices that connect over the Universal Serial Bus. This is Ladyada's favorite protocol book, and is great at explaining USB at a low level.
As the most versatile computer interface around, USB can handle just about any peripheral function you can think of, but it also has a lot of complexities. Rather than just an RX and TX of raw data, USB has differential signals, 4 types of data transfers, and a structured request/response command set
Readers will learn how to:
- Select the appropriate USB speed, device class, and hardware for a device
- Communicate with devices using Visual C#
- Use standard host drivers to access devices, including devices that perform vendor-defined tasks
- Save power with USB's built-in power-conserving protocols
- Create robust designs using testing and debugging tools.
USB 3.1 and other recent additions to the interface bring higher speed, more power, reversible connectors and more. Advances in chip hardware and tools ease the tasks of devloping devices and the software to access them.
In its fifth edition author Jan Axelson has updated the content throughout to reflect the latest in USB technology, standards, devices, and software.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.